Saturday, December 29, 2012

New year, New me.

The end of December is near and you know what that means....time for those pesky resolutions.   You know, those ideals you set for yourself that supposedly produce a new "you".  Well, just like everyone else, I set some up for myself each and every year and each and every year, they seem to get lost in the shuffle.  This year, I am not setting any particular goals for myself.  I'm not setting myself up for failure or dissapointment.  I am simply opening up to become a new "me".  

This last year has been both crazy and amazing.  I wouldn't change it for the world,  but I seem to have lost myself and what makes ME happy.  So with that, I recognize the truth and know that I cannot continue on this path if I want to lead a life of raw bliss with my little family of 4 (including the choco pup, of course).

For 2013 I am focusing on ME.  Now of course, I would not neglect my duties as a wife and a mother.  They are first and foremost my top priority.  With that said though, you know that old saying  "If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy"?  Well, that's my plan.  I am going to make momma happy.

Here are a few things that I jotted down that I would like to accomplish in 2013.  I wouldn't call them resolutions.  Let's call them ideals.  They are a starting off point.

1. Regain more self esteem: Focus on what makes me feel good.  Go out, get a haircut, buy new  makeup, get a manicure.  Anything that will help me to feel good about myself.

2. Less clutter: Clean up.  Simplify.

3. More patience:  Pretty self explainitory

4. Become more focused: Mark things off of the list.  Accomplish even the little things.

5. Dress the part:  Get dressed each and every day.  Being put together makes you feel like a million bucks.  See #1.  Win Win.

6. Enjoy lifes little moments:  Don't let them pass you by.  Chances are they will become a distant memory. Make sure to cherish it so that you can look back on it fondly.

7. LET IT GO:  Don't sweat the small stuff.  At the end of the day, was it really that important?

8. Smile, Smile, Smile.  Be Happy!

Now that that is clear, I am hoping to get my blog up and running again.  Not for anything more than to document my journey.  My accomplishments and failures.  I hope you will follow me along in this new year.  Cheer me on and lift me up.  As I will you.

xoxox, 
Kelli

1 comment:

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

I really need to focus on your #6, too. The last 19 months have been a total blur.