Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One Month

Owen,

I cannot believe that you are already six weeks old!  How is that even possible?  Time is flying  by and everyday brings a new adventure. 

You are getting so big....  you have gained almost 3 lbs since leaving the hospital, now weighing 10 lbs 10 oz. and are almost 1.5 inches taller.  You are a tall baby and have already grown out of your Newborn sized clothes.  Your little toes want to push right through the fabric.

We have started using cloth diapers on you and oh my gosh....your butt is the cutest thing ever in them!  Ok, so you look like you have some junk in your trunk, but one day you will understand that mommy and daddy made a really great decision in choosing to diaper you this way.  PPsssttt : here's a little secret for you....mommy ordered you a camo diaper so that you can match daddy on hunting days.  It's spring gobbler, ya know?  Isn't that awesome?

You have started to smile in the past few days and I just can't get enough of that sweet little face!  They are few and far between right now, but pretty soon you will be throwing them at everyone.  I can't wait for the day when I walk in to pick you up from daycare and you smile at me.  MELT. MY. HEART.

You are doing pretty well sleeping at night.  Typically you go down around 9ish and only wake up once to feed around 2:30 or 3:00.  You stay up for about an hour and you are out again until around 6ish.  I have to say, although I miss having a full nights sleep, we are blessed that you are doing this well at 6 weeks.  Now that we are back at work, daddy and I take turns on who gets up with you.

Sweet baby boy, you are the best thing that has ever happened to your daddy and I.  We are so in love and can't even remember what life was like without you.  It's weird how that happens. 

No comments: