Thursday, January 3, 2013

Word for 2013.

I am sure that you all have seen the word of the year craze all over the blogoshpere, so I thought that I would jump in and share my own.  Now this concept is not new to me, I have just never put it down on paper the internet.  Along with all of those "resolutions" made each and every year, I come up with a word to live by.  It's not often that I succeed in living by my word for the entire year, but like the Little Engine that Could, I keep on chugga luggin'....

This year my word is:




con·tent  /kənˈtent/


Adjective:
In a state of peaceful happiness.
Verb:
Satisfy (someone).
Noun:
  • A state of satisfaction: "the greater part of the century was a time of content".


  • Synonyms:
    adjective.  contented - pleased - satisfied - glad - happy
    verb.  satisfy - gratify - please - indulge - suffice
    I have chosen this word as a reminder to be content with who I am and what I am doing.  With the outburst of pinterest and blogs this year, it has been so easy to feel feelings of being inadequate.  "She has prettier hair than me, look at that amazing outfit, what a cute crafty idea that someone else came up with, blah blah blah.....", So often I forget that I am worthy.  I am awesome. 
    In 2013, I plan on focusing on me.  And my family too of course.  I will work to become content with a life that has been planned and designed just for me.
    So that's it.  Do you have a word of the year?  Maybe something you would like to focus on to enhance the life you have? I would love to hear from you.



    3 comments:

    tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

    absolutely love this!! content is such a perfect feeling, isn't it? my word was simple. but now I want to add content to that. simple and content. nice little ring to it. :)

    Ashley said...

    YES! I love your word. I need to add that to my ever-growing list of words! :)

    Anonymous said...

    Love this. Bloom where planted! XOXO