Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Confession Time

Welcome to my first attempt to follow along with E Myself & I's weekly midweek confession session.  Try to say that 5 times fast. 
Moving right along.  Elizabeth is currently taking a "fast" from her blog, but she will be back very soon spilling her guts to her fabulous followers.
 
 
Here goes nothing.....and remember this is a judge free post.  Well, feel free to judge away, just keep it in so that I don't feel even worse about my mishaps.  :)
 
1.  I have washed the same load of towels 3 times now and can't seem to bring myself to move them to the dryer.  Why?  Because that would mean that I would have to actually fold the clothes that are in the dryer.  So I find myself on a vicious cycle of re-washing towels and turning the dryer on to "get the wrinkles out".  And instead of actually getting up and switching the laundry out, I will just sit here and pretend that I don't have the time. 
Thank God for vinegar!!
 
2.  I told you earlier this week here that I opened an Etsy shop.  Well, now that the excitement of hitting the "open" button is over, I am scared to death of it.  I have found myself perusing through different shops that sell the same items as me and just feel INADEQUATE.  I keep telling myself that these other shops are successful because their items are better than mine.  I keep telling myself that I don't want to do this only due to fear that I will be a failure.  The truth is that anytime I feel like I may not succeed with something, I just quit.  After all, it's better to quit than to fail, right?  It's kind of like quitting your job before you get fired.  I just use any excuse that I can find other than I AM SCARED.  It is my hope that I will actually sell something in the near future to reassure myself that my designs are just as good as others out there.  That as long as I put love into my work, others will see that and I will succeed without quitting.
 
3. I am meeting with my advisor at school today to discuss my "degree plan" for the 4th time.  Remember that one time that I told you about my need to quit when I fear something (hint....  see confession number two)?  Well, this is a huge one for me.  I have been going to college off and on since 1997.  I am about 4 courses away from having a teaching degree, but instead of hurrying up to finish, I drag my feet and threaten to quit because I am scared.  Scared that I won't get a job, scared that I won't be a good teacher.   Heck, I'm even scared that I won't pass my state exams to even get to fears #1 and #2.  I am sensing a trend there, that I desperately need to get out of.
 
4. Owen and I are leaving at 6 am on Friday for a long weekend and I have not packed one. single. thing.  Where did I miss the memo that it requires much more planning to travel with a 1 year old?  Gone are the days when I can just throw some stuff in a bag and as long as I had my birth control pills I would be fine.  If I left something at home, I would just buy new.  Maybe I should get some laundry done so that I can actually take some clean clothes with us?
 
So there you have it.....my first round of confessions.  Nothing super juicy, but I will be keeping this little gem in my thoughts so that when E is back from her blog/social media vacay, I will be ready to link up.
 
What do you confess on this fine Wednesday?

No comments: