Monday, May 2, 2011

A New Plan

So, it looks like my little Easter eggs didn't care to make an appearance. sniff sniff I just don't understand....everything looked to be going great this cycle, and BAM....nothing!  I faxed Dr. M a copy of my chart on Thursday and he called me on Friday.  We talked about the fact that my body is just not wanting to cooperate.  He said that I had 3 options:

1. stay with him and go up to 150 mg of Clomid
2. go back to Dr. S and have an IUI done
3 go to UVA to do IVF

He also made comment that time is not on my side..."thank you very much Capt. Obvious"  Like I don't know that.  I am only 31 which is not old by any measure of the word.  However, in baby making years, I am getting up there.  I know that it is absolutely possible to have a healthy baby well into your thirties....but I would love for it to happen sooner than later!  The amnio scares the hell out of me!

Well, it's certainly too early in the game for me to choose IVF and since I was pregnant before, I have faith that it will happen again.  Unfortunatley, it's happening on its own time and not D and I's.

I am so tired of it all.  The big elephant in the room has over stayed his welcome!  I am ready for some relief.  We have decided that we are going to move on to IUI.  Although it will be expensive ( $1k per cycle since we are 100% OOP), it would be worth it to have a better chance.  Another good thing about IUI is that I don't have to temp and there will be NO MORE timed sex (*unless we want to, of course). 

Through the fear of it not working, I have immense excitement and hope.  My body just needs that extra little push.  In the end, the money will be a thing of history.  Once we are holding our sweet little boy or girl (possibly both....eeeekkk), it will be a worry of the past.

So, when you say???  We would love to do it this coming cycle, but we are going on a 1.5 week vacay to Florida and it happens to fall smack dab in the middle of when I would be cycling.  So, with that said, we may have to wait until June.  Which is fine.

Wish us luck, say some prayers, do what ever you think will help.  God only knows that we need it!

2 comments:

katherinebee said...

Sending prayers your way!

Kelli said...

Thank you...I will take all that I can get!