Friday, September 23, 2011

Nursery Plans - The Beginning Stages

With all of the excitement of our little boy coming, we have started thinking about how we want his special room to look.  We are both on the same page that we don't want anything too "baby" as we want it to be able to grow with him.  We I also don't really care for something too "themey" (is that even a word?), so we thought that this set from Pottery Barn kids would be perfect!!!  What do you think...so cute, right?  Very traditional and very preppy!



















This is not the exact color of paint that we have chosen, but I think that a grayish/blue will be the perfect compliment to the multi colored bedding.  Currently, I have about 25 blue paint swatches on the wall in his room.  Why is it so dang hard to pick a good color?  Not too light, not too dark, etc...















And for DIY decoration...check out this button art that I found on Etsy!!!!  So freakin' cute, I can't stand it!  Darren is an avid hunter and I think that this would be a great addition to Poppy's room.  I would try to make it a little more masculine though... maybe red paper with navy buttons?  Darren is really excited about this project!





















So there you have it!  The beginning stages of our nursery planning.  I can't wait to get in there and get started!  What do you think so far?

1 comment:

Growing Up Gardner said...

I'm dying over that bedding and artwork. Adorable, really really really. I LOVE preppy.