Tuesday, October 4, 2011

18 and movement.

I've hit the 18th week....can you believe it?  I can not even fathom that I am almost half way there.  It seems like yesterday that I was staring that those two little pink lines.  Time flies when you're having fun!

This week:

Owen is the size of a sweet potato.  Not the prettiest of pictures, but you get the point.  He weighs a whopping 7 oz.















Head to rump, he is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. His genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Here is an 18 week bump pic from this morning.  Please excuse the wethead look.....



And now for the best part of this update.....I have finally felt him moving around in there!!!!  Saturday night, I laid down to go to sleep and felt a short little, what I like to call, blip in my bikini line area.  It was short but sweet and almost felt like a muscle spasm or what you feel when your eye twitches.

On Sunday morning, I had my hand resting on my stomach, and felt sort of a rolling sensation.  I am not sure if this was Owen or not, but it was really cool.

Since this weekend,  I have been able to distinctly tell when I feel him.  It is typically only when I am laying down still, but I know that it will be no time before he starts dancing around in there all day long.

I am so in love!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mama foosa said...

awww i felt my little guy for the first time at 18 weeks too! it's the best feeling :) you look great!