Monday, October 10, 2011

19

Time is flying by.  I am so excited for Owen to get here, but I am not quite ready yet.  Good thing I have about 21 more weeks.  It sounds like forever away, but if I compare it to the past 19 weeks, it will be here in no time.  Then throw in all of the upcoming holidays and March is pretty much here!

This week Owen is the size of a Mango: Does that even seem possible?


















Baby Stats (according to BabyCenter.com):

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Baby Stats (according to me):

How far along? 19 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: finally starting to gain some weight.... + 3.5 lbs.


Maternity clothes? I have a pair of jeans that I wear, but am mostly just wearing the Bella Band with my regular pants.  All of my shirts are still good to go at this point.

Stretch marks? None!  And I really hope that it stays that way.  My mom doesn't have any and they say that it is hereditary, so hopefully I am in the clear!

Sleep: Between the crazy dreams and multiple trips to the bathroom, sleep is getting worse and worse.  It definetely could be worse though....

Best moment this week: Darren felt Owen move from the outside last night.  It was light, but he could feel it!!!

Movement: a little bit... Even though still sporadic, movement is getting more frequent and stronger as the days pass.

Food cravings: Not really any serious cravings.  Hmmm....maybe a cheeseburger?

Gender: Sweet Baby Boy!

Labor Signs: Absolutely not thank you very much and I would like to keep it that way for at least 20 more weeks.

Belly Button in or out? in, but a little shallower than before

Wedding rings on or off? Still on... haven't noticed too much swelling yet.


What I miss: hhmmm....I think I am good this week. 

What I am looking forward to: Anatomy Scan on Wed.  I can't wait to see Owen again!  I could watch him in there for hours.

Weekly Wisdom: I don't feel all to wise yet - or at least wise enough to be sharing wisdom. But I will say I've learned to go to bed when tired, and even if its 8:30 thats ok, I'm no longer cool regardless of how I look at it!

Milestones: feeling outside kicks!  :)


Here I am this morning at 19 weeks:



Wow that was a long post....sorry!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: